– Designing for children is extremely challenging yet very rewarding
– Taking a didactic approach and carefully considering every aspect of a product to ensure that teachers respect it and view it as a learning tool, not just a game, is a balancing act
– The German market is a special bubble and in order to create for any country you should always immerse yourself in the conceptualization stage
– Co-creation of monsters with primary school students is my favorite work-related experience ever
– Compromise is important if you ever want to reach your goals
– Sometimes it needs to be done quicker than you can perfect it
– As designers, we are our own worst critics
– Start small and increase slowly in complexity, ensure that every aspect is reviewed and tested by the target audience.
– Always create a rapid prototype or sketch to review with development and test for plausibility.
– Communicate every step of the way and don’t leave any team member in the dark.
– Even small assumptions can come back to haunt you.