I created a responsive app (mobile, tablet, desktop, and large screens) from scratch which launched within 3 months’ time. The MVP contains the following features:
– A calendar function where users can add their planned items.
– A content area where users can add their curriculum.
– An overview area where users can briefly see what is occurring today.
– An onboarding which allows users to understand the basic functions of the app.
– A student access where teachers can show their lesson plan.
– A collaboration feature where teachers can work on a lesson plan together.
I also developed a design system and branding.
– Creating a product for users who are technologically limited
– Designing remote workshops to uncover necessary knowledge to reach my goals
– Developing a design system which is professional, flexible, yet also modern and somewhat playful
– Allowing teachers to be a part of the process and co-creating directly using their feedback
– Guerrilla user research, “hallway testing”, finding ways to test a concept quickly and making improvements in an agile fashion
– Conceptualizing high level, intricate features but hiding as much complexity from users as possible
– Understanding the inner workings of the German-speaking school system
– Considering a moral obligation of how to protect sensitive data
– Working remotely with colleagues of many diverse backgrounds
– Working independently directly with C-Level stakeholders
The app launched in less than 3 months’ time and was valued by teachers as a software they could use easily to streamline their work.